NEW NEWS: OBAMA ANNOUNCES SANCTIONS, MAKUEI ACCUSES HIM OF ‘JOINING’ THE REBELS…!


Michael Makuei, Minister for Information and Broadcasting, accuses US, UN, UK, EU, etc. of obstructing peace and interfering in the internal affairs of South Sudan

Michael Makuei, Minister for Information and Broadcasting, accuses US, UN, UK, EU, etc. of obstructing peace and interfering in the internal affairs of South Sudan

After dropping charges against UN and demonstrations against Hilde Johnson for ‘supporting the rebels’, South Sudan government has shifted the blame to US and its ambassador Susan Page for ‘supporting the rebels’.

In a VOA interview this morning, Michael Makuei Lueth, South Sudan Minister for Information and Broadcasting, accused President Obama of supporting the rebels, quoting the previous Susan Page’s interview on the same radio.

Asked to be specific in his allegations of foreign intervention, the South Sudan government spokesman said the U.S. was meddling in South Sudan affairs.

“From the side of America, this has been clearly confirmed by Susan Page in a lecture which she gave at one of the universities in America and she confirmed the position of the people and government of America because she clearly stated that they support the rebels, and that the rebels are fighting a just war,” Makuei said.

Ambassador Page told VOA last month that the South Sudan conflict was not winnable “through the use of force and weapons”.
“We reiterate there cannot be a solution militarily to this conflict that is first and foremost political and where demands of people need to be heard,” she said.

This is in reaction to Thursday’s (April 3, 2014) Executive Order by Obama instructing his government to pass sanctions on anyone on both sides of the government and the rebels who obstructs the peace process. “This excessive intervention with the objective of driving the peace process in the direction people want, this is what is causing us problems not the rebels or the government,” Makuei said in  the VOA interview. Click here for his voice: http://www.voanews.com/audio/Audio/394664.html

On Thursday, April 3, 2014, US president Barack Obama broke his silence on the dilly-dallying game employed by South Sudanese peace negotiators in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Executive Order reads:

Obama warns South Sudan against violating human rights and declares sanctions on individuals

Obama warns South Sudan against violating human rights and declares sanctions on individuals

“Those who threaten the peace, security or stability of South Sudan, obstruct the peace process, target U.N. peacekeepers or are responsible for human rights abuses and atrocities will not have a friend in the United States and run the risk of sanctions,” the White House said in a statement.

But Makuei was quick to react, “We are negotiating and in the process of negotiation there is no question of obstruction as long as you continue to state what you believe to be the position of the people of South Sudan,” Makuei said.

In a letter to Congress, Obama said that he is “declaring a national emergency with respect to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by the situation in and in relation to South Sudan,” adding that “the order does not target the country of South Sudan” but specific individuals. http://www.nationaljournal.com/defense/russians-aren-t-the-only-ones-being-hit-with-sanctions-20140403

While no individuals or entities were actually sanctioned Thursday, the executive order is necessary for the U.S. to take that step. Officials said the European Union, Britain, Norway and the United Nations Security Council are also in the process of considering similar actions.

Republican Rep. Ed Royce of California welcomed Obama’s move, saying South Sudan is getting no closer to finding a way forward. “We need to strongly convey to both sides — the government and the opposition — that their actions to undermine peace do have consequences,” said Royce, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee.  http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-clears-south-sudan-sanctions-23182010

White House spokesman Jay Carney said in a statement that fighting between the two sides threatened to tear their young nation apart. “The United States will not stand by as those entrusted with South Sudan’s future put their own interests above those of their people,” Carney said.  “Both the Government of South Sudan and Riek Machar’s rebels must immediately engage in and follow through on the inclusive peace process led by the Intergovernmental Authority on Development and resolve this conflict,” Carney said. “They must end military actions and hold accountable those responsible for violence against civilians. The people of South Sudan are calling for peace. There is no room for excuses or delay.” http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/654193-obama-clears-way-for-sanctions-on-s-sudan-rights-abusers.html
But Makuei did not mince his words as usual, “A lot of people died, but did you investigate so that you decide as to who committed what, or are you basing your claims on individual reports submitted people who decided to give misleading reports,” Makuei said in a VOA interview linked above. Butty/Makuei’s audio: http://www.voanews.com/audio/Audio/394664.html
***
THE POSITION OF THE CHURCH 
So Michael Makuei regrets the religious leaders to be representing the message of Jesus Christ in Addis Ababa talks...Ma'oou!

So Michael Makuei regards the religious leaders to be representing  and presenting the message of Jesus Christ in Addis Ababa talks…Ma’oou!

Meanwhile, on the stand of the Church as part of the civil society present in Addis Ababa, Hon. Makuei Lueth made a statement that can be classified under a weekender tabloid column, ‘Jokes of the week’. Asked by the VOA interviewer about the government position on the religious leaders’ recent press release urging both sides not to employ delaying ploy, the minister, who declared that his (government) delegation is the only one that “represents the voice of the people of South Sudan”, said this about the church, “Well, of curse the church must call for peace to give the message of Jesus Christ…”

So the religious leaders present in the peace talks are now ‘representatives of Jesus Christ’ while the government delegation is representing the ordinary people. How about the civil society? Well, as the Bible says, you will identify them by their fruits.

Obama clears the way for sanctions against individuals obstructing peace and perpetrating human rights abuse in South Sudan

THIS WAY: “You see the shits you have thrown your country into?” Obama clears the way for sanctions against individuals obstructing peace and perpetrating human rights abuse in South Sudan

 

SHIFTING BLAME GAME FROM UN TO US

In another development, South Sudan government has shamefully toned down on the dramatized UNMISS-HildeJohnson-Must-Go campaign. In a joint statement broadcast on the national TV, South Sudan Television yesterday, the minister for cabinet Affairs, Elia Lomoro, said, “We have agreed on many things for our cooperation with UNMISS, including giving us prior information in order to avoid such rumours”. Without Hon. Elia mentioning what rumours are such, Hilde Johnson, the victim of the gun saga drama in Rumbek, broke her silence in this statement.

“The high level investigation team from New York has confirmed … there was no evidence of any intention of support by individuals of UNMISS to the opposition forces,” she said. “We appreciate that the government, as a result of their own review, yesterday released the cargo, including arms and ammunition to UNMISS.” Hilde Johnson.

Ban Ki-moon's Special Representative to South Sudan, Hilde Johnson on SSTV acknowledging that the UN's weapons were given back by the government, while the Minister of Cabinet Affairs shied away from mentioning the point referring to it as a 'rumour'.

Ban Ki-moon’s Special Representative to South Sudan, Hilde Johnson on SSTV acknowledging that the UN’s weapons were given back by the government, while the Minister of Cabinet Affairs shied away from mentioning the point referring to it as a ‘rumour’. (April 3, 2014).

Many sources have intimated to Weakleaks that the SPLA’s security authorities have secretly released the contentious consignment that was detained in Rumbek back to the UNMISS and are on their way to Bentiu. The consignment belongs to the UNMISS’s Ghanaian troops stationed in Bentiu. As to why the government made a big fuss on national and international media before investigating the case is another thing awaiting official apology from the government (one of the first miracles to happen!).

UNMISS is not taking sides in the conflict,” Hilde emphasized. “While we cooperate fully with the democratically elected government in accordance with our mandate, the mission has remained and will remain impartial in the current military conflict.”

Ms. Johnson said relations between UNMISS and the government had “recently gone through its most difficult patch since the start of the mission”, but the situation seemed set to improve. She cited positive remarks by government officials about the mission’s work as some indicators that this would occur.

The SRSG decried harassment and abuse of UNMISS and humanitarian staff by some security forces, saying such actions countered the agreement between the government and UNMISS, put staff lives in danger and hampered operations.

Ms. Johnson also said it was vital to clarify that recent allegations against UNMISS were false. She gave an example of the mission’s trucks that were confiscated in the Lakes State capital Rumbek.

“The high level investigation team from New York has confirmed … there was no evidence of any intention of support by individuals of UNMISS to the opposition forces,” she said. “We appreciate that the government, as a result of their own review, yesterday released the cargo, including arms and ammunition to UNMISS.” http://unmiss.unmissions.org/Default.aspx?tabid=3465&ctl=Details&mid=6047&ItemID=3507795&language=en-US

However, a huge embarrassment now rests on the citizens that were mobilized to demonstrate. “John, how do they feel now, those who demonstrated with Australian ID cards in their hands in Melbourne?” asked one of my cyber socialites. “I am just ashamed on their behalf” was my answer. This answer especially goes to one of my Australian relatives who insulted me when I posted a controversial picture from the video I observed on the guns saga in Rumbek. This is my Facebook analsis, minutes the threaded comments.

****

PREVIOUS FACEBOOK  COMMENTS

_ -_-_

NEW NEWS: THE HANDWRITING ON THE ‘WORLD’!

From the video given during the visit of Hon. Makuei Lueth, I took this picture of the ‘UNMISS’s item label chit’ from the TV screen and am just wondering over something many superficially biased analysts will overlook ie. those handwritings!

The handwriting on the 'world': Why did somebody attempt to edit the label on the door of this truck?

The handwriting on the ‘world’: Why did somebody attempt to edit the label on the door of this truck?

Why was there an ATTEMPT first to write a consignment destination from (JUB13772…. AKOBO), and then ‘AKOBO’ cancelled out with the same marker pen and a new handwriting crafted closer to the original one: JUB 13772 ….Bentiu? What had the UN Storekeeper or that third party transporter contractor drunk that time to spell ‘BENTIU’ as ‘AKOBO’ or vice versa? Of course, handwriting forensic experts can agree with me that there are three handwritings on this waybill (actually AN EXTERNAL LABEL ON THE ITEM showing destination). By the way, does UNMISS or anybody in South Sudan supply Akobo by road? From the ‘AKOBO’ mark, could there have been an ‘attempted coup’ on this waybill by a third party?

OK, since I am not a member of that joint investigation committee, and since I have abstained to join the demonstration against the UN (both on Facebook and on the streets), I will give my full analyses in my Weakleaks piece on Monday: “TEN QUESTIONS TO HILDE JOHNSON AND SALVA KIIR ON THE ARMS CACHE”.

HOWEVER, I advise Hon. Michael Makuei to hold on with his unilateral (SSTV) Decree replacing UNMISS with IGAD Forces. Having (myself)worked in the Jonglei peace process in 2011 and 2012, I know how much UN helps us. One of the most important contributions by UNMISS is what I called ‘The Aerial Road’. As we know very well that the 11 counties of Jonglei State as well as ’11 states’ of South Sudan (Juba being the 11th) are not connected in anyway by road, for the last 9 years, UNMISS has made transport easy for Paramount Chiefs, Bishops, Aid workers, politicians (including Makuei) to go to Pibor, Duk or Boma in a short time and free of charge. I remember when I took my team of the Jonglei Peace Caravan, each trip to every county cost 25,000 Dollars (payable by UNMISS to a Russian Helicopter company). Will IGAD soldiers provide us with all these, including Helicopters, Radio Stations, Training of our police…?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE LOSS OF OUR MEMBERSHIP FROM UN BY THE BEHAVIOUR WE ARE EXHIBITING ON THE STREETS AND ON SSTV NOW, ESPECIALLY BY THE TIME WE NEED THE UN MOST?

I am not supporting impunity for UNMISS (or Hilde), but since our security wizards have done and are doing their job (for which they are paid daily), why do we have to cut off our right arm when we know how to bandage the wound on the thumb?

I mean, let our government not teach our masses to think by reflex action or by stimuli like a swarm of locusts. I have been warning my friends who just jump to implement SSTV news every other morning. Adults are not allowed by law or by ethics, personal or public, to react through feelings and parental instructions like babies. Somebody should orient South Sudan into a thinking society, not a singing community (Akol Paul and the bunch of UDF or Uncles’ Defence Forces, take note!).
For my usual ‘doubters’, check this video link before you jump onto my neck the South Sudanese youth’s style: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=643638842337897

#LookOut4FullAnalysisOnMonday

 

Advertisements